Current opening City of Bowbells Maintenance Supervisor
Salary $44,000 – $52,000 DOE
Insurance: Paid single policy
Retirement: City Retirement
Paid Sick Leave
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates a variety of trucks and equipment in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid Class B driver’s license issued.
- Performs skilled and semiskilled construction, maintenance and manual labor work
- Assists in the construction, maintenance and repair of roadways, structures and structural components, work areas and facilities
- Performs routine building and roadway maintenance and custodial duties; picks up debris, paints facilities, structures and equipment, and makes minor maintenance repairs
- Picks up and delivers materials as directed; assists with landfill, recycling, sewer, drainage and wastewater operations
- Installs and maintains turf, trees, shrubs and other landscaping materials
- Inspects, cleans and performs routine maintenance work on trucks and equipment; identifies and reports mechanical problems requiring additional repair
- Completes required daily logs and reports
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Maintain basic knowledge of lift stations
- Set new water meters as requested, change out water meters, replacing old meters with new meters assuring for timeliness and proper installation.
- Assists in the maintenance and repair of wastewater and storm sewer lift station.
- Ability to Obtain Water Treatment A1 certifications as directed by the City.
- Ability to Obtain chemical weed applicators certification.
- Flush and clean water systems; locate water main valves to clean and bring to grade; assure proper operation of valves.
- Test water systems to ensure proper flow and adequate pressure. Assist with the chlorinating and fluoridation processes as assigned.
- Submit water sample to the ND Department of Health as assigned.
- Assists with Maintaining landfill grounds as litter free and performs general landfill maintenance.
- Basic computer skills needed
- Smoke Free Work Environment
- Ability to Communicate effectively with the public and private contractors
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to Pass drug testing and background check
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the City